14 January 2010

Reign In Me



So lately this song has really been getting to me. Not in the "oh I love this song" vibe, but in the convicting love that only Christ can bring. The song is a cry out to God that asks for his authority in our lives. But I haven't been giving him that authority. It's been all about what Matt can do.

Odds are I'm not alone in this. It really hit home earlier today when I was reading my dear friend Morgan's blog (the full link is at the bottom of this post). She mentioned a topic which I believe is relative to this discussion.

For those of us who have a food addiction.......food no longer is just something that nourishes and fuels our body. It becomes the focus of our days, our activities, our emotions. When that is threatened...It almost spirals us out of control internally.


It would have been easy for me to say that I don't have a food addiction and let myself off the hook. In just the same way, I could sing that song and be content with my spiritual life. But thats only half of the truth. As Morgan said, we all of things in our life that we hold dear too us; too dear. Things that we love quite often more than the Risen Lord, but of course we would never admit that. Heck, Christian culture today isn't interested in your sins. It's no longer about the heart of the individual.

It is awkward to breach the gap of confession. Christianity today advertises a Spirit filled life - if you don't measure up to the expectations (which none of us will short of Christ Jesus) then keep quite. It's easier to gloss over sin that is slowing eating away at you than to deal with it out in the open. You see if we admit our sins in public then we make Christians look messy, and heaven help us if we ruin our squeaky clean image.

Who gives a darn? This is stupid. Are we wanting to allow Jesus Christ to reign in our lives? Yes? If so; stop living under the false impression that hiding your sin keeps God from seeing it. Walk out of sin and towards Christ. What is keeping Jesus from reigning in you?

some things to think about, godbless
-matt
-w/ special thanks to Morgan. follow her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment