15 June 2010

Represent: An essay on Philippians 2:14

Hey readers, it's been a while!
I'm afraid my summer posts will be a bit more scattered due to my pretty busy schedule, but I really do want to keep ya'll updated. What with a retreat and dive certification last week I didn't have a chance to use a computer. So here is my thoughts for today.

Philippians 2:14 says this, "Do everything without arguing or complaining..." I was really hit hard by this verse today. I had a lot of people come to me complaining and arguing today, and I got really frustrated. My immediate response was to call up a friend of mine and complain about all the people that were complaining to me. I was just fixing to do that when I remembered this verse. What is it to me if others are falling short of this command God has given us? The important thing is that we take it upon ourselves to maintain this attitude of Christ in our daily lives. As a Christian, we are never off duty from representing the Gospel of Jesus. Never. No exceptions.

When you get frustrated because your plans aren't working out...
don't complain.

When you're singled out or left behind...
don't complain.

When you're rebuked in a godly manner...
don't argue.

We're the representatives of the Lord of Heaven's Armies on this earth people! If we don't act differently then what is the point? Follow Jesus or don't. He'd rather have you on a side then sitting in the middle ground.

We all slip up because we're fallen people in a fallen world, but the man/woman of God perseveres. We will always struggle with taking the high road and not dropping into complaints and quarrels, but we have the obligation to struggle well.

A fellow representative of Christ,
-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment