06 June 2010

Open the Gift

I'm really blessed to get the opportunity to share my summer with Abby and Danny Garnett, the youth interns at my church. This morning at our Junior High service Abby talked about taking the gift of salvation and doing something with it. After all, being a Christian is something that comes second nature to many of us - we just are, and we always have been. I echo here, Abby's challenge that she gave this morning: "Open the gift, dive into it, and experience God's plan for your life. Take the risk, it's worth it. I don't recall the name, but the lyrics to one of the worship songs this morning said something along the lines of don't tarry until you're all cleaned up because then you won't ever come. We're never going to have it all together, but we don't have to, just open the gift.

-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment