20 June 2010

Dear Prayer Warriors

THIS PAST TWO WEEKS HAS been pretty crazy. I had Collide JR/SR retreat (which was incredible. So glad I got to know Jonathan Bailey and just hang out with my brothers and sisters).  Then I became a certified diver (three days of diving for that in Dallas). I got back, did a full day at church on Sunday and then had Cinco Seis all week. (thats our Fifth to Sixth grade VBS-style week. I was the rec leader. Everyone loves the rec leader. It was sweet. I even got a ref jersey to complete the epicness). Even before that was done I left for yet another retreat with my freshman buddies. Swam, saw Toy Story 3, had some good conversations, did a whole mess of intense work at Surfside on our service project for Adrian, got lost on the way home, ate pizza directly before playing dodgeball, got home. Sunday did some mission trip work, lots of church, Toy Story 3 with the family (yes I've already seen it twice), and now I'm about to pass out.

The common denominator missing from that entire previous paragraph is rest. I'm uber lacking in that department which leads me to two more serious issues. Temptations are harder to fight when you're weary, and I've been having some hard days of late where victories are hard to come by more often than I'd like. Also my focus is waning. My mind should always be fixed on the things above, but earthly concerns have begun to affect me more and more. The good is that God has been at work in my life! He's shown me so much more about who I am becoming and my obligations to my friends around me. I've been diligent in keeping with reading the Word and I'm trekking through it again right now, hoping to finish up the minor prophets before the mission trip.

This is where you come in. If you're a prayer warrior and you just have a particular passion for this form of worship I ask this: put me in your daily prayers. I need strength and focus. Let the Spirit direct you in the rest of my needs else feel free to ask me. If you are the kind of guy or gal like me that forgets often to pray for people then do this: pray right now. Like stop reading this, shoot up a thirty second request, and be on your way. God hears all prayers and He loves to answer the call of His children.

God has so much good in store for me this summer, this support will go a long way. I don't mean to sound needy, but I know that I can count on ya'll to have my back. If you've ever appreciate anything I've had to write here, feel free to consider this a return investment for any wisdom you have received.

I love you guys,
Thanks and God be with you.
-matt

1 comment:

  1. Matt aka Danger!
    I love you bro! Its awesome to see you growing more and more! I prayed for you and will continue to do so! Keep your focus on HIM and HIS plan for you! Love ya bro-
    in HIS grip-
    Tiger

    ReplyDelete