22 June 2013

Love

I'm engaged! to this lovely, beautiful, gracious servant of God, my bride-to-be Carissa Curtis.


Obviously a lot has happened since I have written last. The month of march was a bit of a whirl wind for me (us) and life hasn't really slowed down since! Many of you have already heard the full story, but succinctly I can summarize it in a brief paragraph:

We met through my roommate Chris and an organization called Impact at Texas A&M. Over the summer of 2012 we chatted back in forth (shout out to Twitter), and began dating in August. It didn't take long to realize that we had both found "the one" and marriage was on the horizon. We got engaged on the family spring break vacation in Granby, Colorado and the rest of the ride has been exhilarating.

Jesus has led us daily from our first date on August 20th, 2012 to this very day. It has been beyond incredible to see him work on both of our hearts as he prepares for marriage! We're both a bit rough around the edges, but the Lord has been at work in us so vigorously in these past few months. Through Carissa, God has revealed to me so much more of his compassion, his love, and his grace. I've been privileged to encourage her and spur her on in faith as well. She pushes me to Jesus, and that really is the glue that has galvanized our relationship. She's my best friend, my constant encourager, my beloved.

-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment