06 December 2010

From My Knees

As I worshiped in my Antioch community this morning, God continued to reveal exciting things to me. The Spirit came to me saying "You are strongest from your knees." I've been in the Christian circle long enough to translate this Jesus-jargon into something about prayer. I thought initially I understood what God was telling me, but I persisted to ask for more. Let's explore this together, what does it mean to be "strongest from [our] knees"?

First let us consider the apparent division between the two parts of this sentence. "Strongest" carries a very positive connotation of power. It implies that we are mighty, but in what situation? From our knees. Kneeling demonstrates submissiveness, meekness, and humility. By kneeling before a Holy God we admit that we are under His sovereign rule and our very selves are secondary to His will.

The honest truth is that without God, we are powerless. God is all powerful. Isaiah 40:23 tells of how the strong of this world are nothing before the might of Our God. As much as we flee submission, we are called to it. We are called to be obedient to God in all circumstances. This obedience produces a humility in our souls that gives God room to work. A prideful person leaves little opportunity for God to be real in their lives.

To be strong is not something that we are inherently capable of. Our power comes from the Spirit of God that lives inside of us. Our access to God comes by means of prayer which is direct communication with Him. Nothing in us is worthy, but God communes with us because He wants us! He wants to be the power inside of us. With an invitation of this magnitude, how can we refuse to live a life under his authority. How can we refuse ultimate power. Let us live a life from our knees.
-matt

1 comment:

  1. Очен интересно! Мне нравится ето. Я люблю Иисуса! У тебя борода. Я люблю твою борода.

    Линдси (Lindsey)

    ReplyDelete