15 May 2010

Thinkings on Psalm 105

Before reading this, give Psalm 105 a quick read. Check? Alright moving on.

This psalm really began to connect with me this morning after reading it yesterday. Often times when we think about the Psalms, we remember the bold prayers of David and the brutal honesty that he shows with God. I love that about David and the other psalmists. They don't put up a front of religiosity, but instead invite God to meet them right where they are.

It is with that spirit that I enter into the reading of Psalm 105. For me it was the realization that tonight was Prom that finally showed me the connection. This psalm follows the story of the Israelites. It is the story of how God moved in them from their very beginnings. And that is where I find myself today. 

I now can reach a place of similar recollection like the psalmist. I look back on the days when I wondered what senior year would be like. I thought about how someday I would go to college. Now it is here. God has brought me from a passive junior high kid to a bold warrior for Christ. I know how Moses felt when he was called by God to do something extraordinary.  I know how Joshua felt when he was just an aid, but would eventually lead a nation.

Just like the psalmist, look back on your story. Where did you begin? Where are you now? For me I'm a senior in high school, and tonight is Prom, I'm on top of the world. But it doesn't stop there. The beauty of the psalms is that they haven't lost their relevance. The same cries of our forefathers reign today. I seek Him and my heart rejoices.

How will you know where to go if you don't remember where you have been?
Seek God and never forget to praise Him for bringing you to where you are today.
For we serve an awesome God worthy of all our praise.

His,
-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment