29 June 2009

Lord of All

So yesterday in church I really connected with a song we sang in worship, Lord of All by Kristian Stanfill. It just resonated with me, the lyrics just blew my mind.



"There is none so high and holy,
King of Kings, the one and only.
You are adored,
You are the Lord of All"


I mean there are a lot of times when we sing worship songs and we sing about actions or experiences or ideas, right not Marvelous Light comes to mind. I love that song, don't get me wrong. Its just that in that song we sing of the work Christ has done by conquering sin and death. We don't specifically praise God for being who he is. I think that's a key part to our worship that sometimes we don't ever really think about. Again, songs like Marvelous light sing of God's love saving us to him which is also another reason to praise God. The coolest thing about God is that he is so big and has done so much that there are infinite reasons to praise him. He is a Marvelous Light (John 12:46), He is the Lord of All (Revelation 19:11-16), He is the great I Am! (Exodus 3:14).

Just a reminder to simply praise God for who he is, because he's better than we could ever imagine.
-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment